When we think of beaches, many of us can’t help but feel a wave of happiness. There’s something calming about warm weather, wild air, and sunshine. If you’re looking for beach quotes to share with a friend, to inspire you, or you need some good beach captions for social media, you’re in the right place!
I think we can all agree there’s a healing power that the beach and warm weather offer. Science even says so! Whether you live near the ocean, want to post that beautiful beach image and caption, or just need some inspiration, this list of beach quotes has something for everyone.
Let’s dive in and get in the seaside state of mind with inspirational, romantic, and funny beach quotes.
150 Beach Quotes to Brighten Your Day
We’ve compiled 150 of the best quotes about beaches and a beach state of mind. Whether you need a laugh, are looking for the perfect beach Instagram captions, or want to share a cheesy love quote – you’re sure to find it on this list.
Disclaimer: You might be ready to pack your bags and hit a beautiful shore after you read these beach quotes. If so, feel free to check out these incredible options: sunny California beaches, the best beaches in Florida, and warm Hawaiin beaches.
Short Beach Quotes
Many people have a lot to say about a restless ocean breeze and bare feet in the soft sand. There are books, poems, and songs written about it.
But, sometimes we want to keep it short and sweet. And, these short beach quotes are just that!
1. “Sandy toes. Sunkissed nose.”
2. “High tides and good vibes.”
3. “Follow me to the beach!”
4. “Life’s better at the beach.”
5. “Beach hair, don’t care.”
6. “The beach is my happy place.”
7. “In my mind, I’m on the beach.”
8. “Life is better barefoot.”
9. “Eat. Beach. Sleep. Repeat.”
10. “Gone to the beach.”
11. “Beach daze.”
12. “There’s no place like home…except the beach!”
13. “I’d rather be on the beach.”
14. “Salty and sweet.”
15. “Happy as a clam.”
Short quotes like these make perfect beach Instagram captions, inspiration for a sign, or beach sayings to go on a t-shirt.
Short beach quotes are also ideal to pair with artwork. Looking to doodle or paint a seaside picture? Pick one of these and work on your calligraphy skills. This makes for a fun hobby or a creative gift for a beach lover in your life!
Romantic Beach Quotes
Beach life is different and it can offer a memorable romantic experience. From proposals by the sea to oceanfront weddings, many people think of love when they think of the beach. These romantic beach quotes perfectly showcase that beauty.
Don’t have a person to share romantic quotes about the beach with? Not to worry! Let the entire ocean be your true love and these beach quotes will inspire that.
16. “I followed my heart, and it led me to the beach.”
17. “I wonder if the beach misses me.”
18. “I love you like the ocean. You can see its beginning, but not its end.”
19. “A walk on the beach is worth a thousand words.”
20. “Love you to the beach and back!”
21. “We mermaid for each other.”
22. “It was love at first sight, the day I met the beach.”
23. “You’re the only fish in the sea for me.”
24. “Our love is as deep as the ocean.”
25. “The sands of time will never wash away the love I have for you.”
26. “Let the currents guide your heart.”
27. “I love you more than there are grains of sand on the beach, drops of water in the ocean, birds in the sky.”
28. “You’re the sunshine on my mind.”
29. “Take time in a place you love; restore your spirit on the beach.”
30. “We belong together like the ocean and the sand.”
Get creative and make a DIY greeting card or piece of art with one of these romantic beach quotes. It’s the perfect way to celebrate a loved one or your love for the ocean’s edge and salty air. They’re also the perfect social media beach captions!
Punny and Funny Beach Quotes
Now sometimes we don’t want the roses and romance kind of thing, so let’s check out some funny beach quotes. These are perfect for when you need a good laugh or want to share a joke with a fellow beach bum.
31. “Life’s a beach, find your wave!”
32. “Don’t give in to pier pressure.”
33. “Time to shellebrate!”
34. “Resting beach face.”
35. “Always be yourself, unless you can be a mermaid. Then, be a mermaid.”
36. “How to have a beach body: have a body & go to the beach.”
37. “All I need is a good dose of vitamin sea!”
38. “Don’t be crabby–you’re on the beach!”
39. “Long time no sea.”
40. “I wish my health insurance covered beach therapy!”
41. “If you need to reach me, call me on my shell.”
42. “BEACH: Best Escape Anyone Can Have”
43. “I’ve found my porpoise in life: live by the beach.”
44. “Shell yeah!”
45. “Seas the day.”
These quirky puns and jokes make for perfect funny beach captions, notes to a friend or co-worker, or just a good read. Whatever floats your boat, use these beach quotes as you wish!
Beach Quotes for Friendship
The beach is wonderful on its own, and many creatives have compared it to a close friend. Even an empty beach can provide companionship.
With that said, the seaside is sometimes even better with a friend. Enjoy the sunshine, swim the sea, play beach games, and watch the setting sun with the people you love the most. This is my kind of day at the beach!
Share these beach quotes with your favorite beach-going friend!
46. “Girls just wanna have sun!”
47. “Just hanging with my gull-friends.”
48. “Friends, sand, sun, and sea. That sounds like summer to me.”
49. “The sand may brush off, the salt may wash clean, the tans may fade, but the memories last forever.”
50. “The best days at the beach are those shared with a friend.”
51. “We’ll always have the beach.”
52. “Friends don’t let friends beach alone.”
53. “Sometimes you just need to walk on the beach with your friend.”
54. “Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.”
55. “The beach is my best friend.”
56. “There’s nothing better than best friends unless it’s hanging out with your best friends at the beach.”
57. “Meet me where the sun touches the sea.”
58. “Let’s sit on the beach and talk all night.”
59. “Sometimes all the therapy you need is a beach day with your best friends.”
60. “You, me, and the sea.”
Beach therapy is the best, especially when it’s with friends who also love the beach. Get ready for your next beach vacation or daydream about your next seaside adventure with these friendship beach Instagram captions or quotes.
Summer Beach Quotes
There aren’t many things as good as a summer day at the beach. Whether it’s a cold winter and your daydreaming of bare feet in the warm sand or summer is here and you’re looking for some good beach quotes to get in the mood, we’ve got you!
61. “Summer goal: become a mermaid.”
62. “No shoes, no shirt, no problem.”
63. “Sunshine is the best medicine.”
64. “The beach in the summer–what could be better?”
65. “Vacation mode: activated.”
66. “Summer means happy times and sunshine!”
67. “Sunset, palm trees, and ocean breeze!”
68. “A beach vacation is like summer all year round.”
69. “Without the beach, I’m a fish out of water.”
70. “I need to live where summer never ends!”
71. “Ocean air. Salty hair. No cares.”
72. “What is summer without a trip to the beach?”
73. “I would never in a hundred summers get tired of the beach.”
74. “Summer: Hair gets lighter. Skin gets darker. Water gets warmer. Drinks get colder. Days get longer. Music gets louder. Life gets better.”
75. “Summer without the beach is like winter without snow.”
Even without an ocean, summer gives of those beach vibes. It feels like the free days of summers off and enjoying ice cream. Whether you’re near the sea or not, summer beach quotes always make for a brighter day. Hang loose!
Drinking Beach Quotes
These beach quotes are for the beach boys, girls, and every kind of beachgoer who loves a cold drink by the sea. Pair nature’s simple treasures with good drinkin’ beach sayings.
76. “My feet in the sand and a drink in my hand!”
77. “Feeling stressed? There’s a beach for that!”
78. “I’m a true oceanholic.”
79. “I don’t want to build a snowman. I want to be on the beach with a margarita in my hand.”
80. “Give me coffee and time to change the things I can, and wine and the beach to accept the things I can’t.”
81. “I’ll have a side of beach with my margarita.”
82. “It’s five o’clock somewhere!”
83. “Happiness is sun, sand, and a drink in my hand.”
84. “Heaven is when your hardest decision is: frozen or on the rocks?”
85. “I need a timeout. Send me to the beach with a drink and don’t let me come back until I change my attitude.”
86. “Cheers to the summer sea-sun!”
87. “Tanned and tipsy.”
88. “Life and wine are better at the beach.”
89. “I only drink for two reasons; to celebrate being at the beach and to mourn being away from it.”
90. “You can’t lie on a beach and drink all day…unless you start first thing in the morning!”
Inspired by Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville, palm trees, ocean breezes, and saltwater offer the perfect vibe for enjoying a drink on the beach. Use these beach quotes as inspiration for your next beach vacation, where you plan to swim the sea, drink on the sand, and relax.
Inspirational Beach Quotes
Not only is the beach the perfect place to relax, enjoy the water, sunbathe, but it’s inspiring. There’s just something about the salty air and picture-perfect scenery.
Need this kind of enthusiasm when you’re not close to the ocean? These inspirational beach quotes are for you!
91. “To find pearls in life’s ocean, you have to venture out past the shore.”
92. “I want to be wild, beautiful, and free – just like the ocean.”
93. “Sometimes in the waves of change we find our true direction.”
94. “Life is like the ocean – it can be calm or wild, rough or rigid, but in the end, it’s always beautiful.”
95. “Hard times come and go like the tides: don’t forget to look for the beautiful little things they leave behind.”
96. “Happiness comes in waves.”
97. “Leave footprints of love and kindness wherever you go.”
98. “Wherever you go, bring the beach with you.”
99. “Time wasted at the beach is time well spent.”
100. “We dream in colors borrowed from the sea.”
101. “Our memories of the ocean will linger, long after our footprints in the sand have been washed away.”
102. “The ocean is a place of stories–imagine the heartbreak, joy, and love it has witnessed.”
103. “The beach is not always a place: sometimes it’s a feeling.”
104. “A day at the beach restores the soul.”
105. “Like seashells, we are beautiful and unique, each with a story to tell.”
Busy days, challenging times, and even when things are all good can get a little better with inspirational beach quotes like these.
Fun tip: Write a few of these beach quotes down and post them in your workspace, on your nightstand, or any other place you see often so a pick-me-up is there when you need it!
Lake and Ocean Quotes
Beach life is different than any other, but the lake is also a peaceful place to sit quietly, hang out with loved ones, and play in the water. These quotes about the beach can fit with any body of water!
106. “The ocean is calling and I must go.”
107. “Don’t make ripples–make waves.”
108. “Life is simple: just add water.”
109. “The ocean breeze puts my mind at ease.”
110. “Life is better at the lake.”
111. “Gone fishing.”
112. “I’d rather be at the lake.”
113. “The ocean’s roar is music to the soul.”
114. “Dear ocean, thank you for making us feel tiny, humbled, inspired, and salty…all at once.”
115. “Everyone should see the ocean at least once in their lives. Only the luckiest see it daily.”
116. “Dream higher than the sky and deeper than the ocean.”
117. “I follow rivers because they lead me to the ocean.”
118. “Advice from the Ocean: Be shore of yourself. Come out of your shell. Take time to coast. Avoid pier pressure. Sea life’s beauty. Don’t get so tide down with work that you miss out on life’s beautiful waves.”
119. “Let the sea set you free.”
120. “I believe in the ocean curing all bad moods. I believe in the waves wiping away worries. I believe in seashells bringing good luck. I believe in toes in the sand grounding my soul.”
Sometimes any body of water is just the place to be, whether it be freshwater or saltwater.
Did you know that studies show a dose of nature can improve our overall health? Let these beach quotes inspire you to seek nature more, whether it be at the beach, a lake, or even a pond at the local park!
Beach Life Quotes
Are you lucky enough to live your life by the sea? Or maybe you strive to live a life that’s peaceful like the beach. Either way, these beach quotes about life offer the vibe you’re probably looking for!
121. “Life takes you down many paths, but my favorite ones lead to the beach.”
122. “Everyone should believe in something. I believe I should go to the beach.”
123. “The beach: as close to heaven as you can get.”
124. “My sense of direction only leads me to the beach.”
125. “If you’re lucky enough to live by the beach, you’re lucky.”
126. “Home is where the anchor drops.”
127. “Beach vibes only.”
128. “I hope someday I’ll wake up to find out that I live on the beach.”
129. “If you have shoes on, you’re overdressed.”
130. “Life is always better at the beach.”
131. “Every day should feel like a day at the beach.”
132. “May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand in your shoes.”
133. “Sky above, sand below, peace within.”
134. “It doesn’t matter where you go in life, as long as you go to the beach.”
135. “Let the waves hit your feet and the sand be your seat.”
If you have a seaside vacation home or dream of living by the beach one day (or already do!), these beach quotes about life are perfect for your home decor. Use them on signs, pillows, and wall art.
These are also great for greeting cards and as daily mantras to rest. Relax, be calm, and let the waves of life come and go. Easier said than done, we know!
Beach Quotes by Famous People
‘Everyday people’ aren’t the only ones who love some good beach quotes. Don’t we all love a good ocean breeze and a setting sun on over the waves?
Many of these beach sayings were quoted by notable people, from Plato to Jacques Cousteau. If you want famous words about the ocean and the sand, check these out!
136. “If there’s heaven for me, I’m sure it has a beach attached to it.” – Jimmy Buffett
137. “The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination, and brings eternal joy to the soul.” – Robert Wyland
138. “The cure for anything is saltwater: sweat, tears, or the sea.” – Isak Dinesen
139. “My life is like a stroll on the beach..as near to the edge as I can go.” – Henry David Thoreau
140. “I myself am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.” – Isaac Newton.
141. “After a visit to the beach, it’s hard to believe we live in a material world.” – Pam Shaw
142. “The sea cures all ailments of man.” – Plato
143. “Those who live by the sea can hardly form a single thought of which the sea would not be part.” – Hermann Broch
144. “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” – Jacques Cousteau
145. “Every time I slip into the ocean it’s like going home.” – Sylvia Earle
146. “There’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.” – Sarah Kay
147. “The ocean is this beautiful, unexplored place. Why on Earth everyone isn’t down there, I don’t know.” – Grahame Hawkes
148. “My altars are the mountains and the ocean.” – Lord Byron
149. “I love the beach. I love the sea. All my life I live within – in front of the sea.” Rafael Nadal
150. “Dance with the waves, move with the sea. Let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” – Christy Anne Martine
Even though there are endless beach quotes by famous people, these just happen to be some of our favorites. Some of these people were experts on the ocean, like Jacques Cousteau – a famed marine biologist. Others were poets, writers, painters, and philosophers. They all lived at different times and a few of them are still alive and loving the beach.
No matter what their walk of life is or when they quoted these beach sayings, the one thing that brings these recognized people together is their mutual love for the ocean and those feel-good beach vibes.
Bonus – Beach Inspired Books to Read
We all have our go-to beach activities. From sunbathing and swimming to surfing and kayaking, there’s so much to enjoy at the beach. That’s one of the best parts about it, right?
Many of us also love a good book on the beach! Or maybe a good book about the beach is what brings eternal joy for you.
Beach reads are a classic literary genre, mainly defined as being easy to read in a relaxed setting (AKA the beach). However, have you ever read a book on the beach that was about, well, the beach? You’ll also find a beach quote or several in these books. And, they’re really fun to read!
These beach-inspired books are some of our go-to’s.
- The Light Between Oceans by M. L. Steadman – historical fiction
- Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry – children’s novel
- Beach Read by Emily Henry – romance novel
- The Golden Hour by Beatriz Williams – historical fiction
- Saint X by Alexis Schaitkin – mystery thriller
- Fatal Inheritance by Rachel Rhys – mystery thriller; historical fiction
- Summer of ‘69 by Elin Hilderbrand – historical fiction
- The East End by Jason Allen – suspense novel
- Siracusa by Delia Ephron – domestic fiction
Each of these books is set on the beach or by the ocean, and they vary from mystery to adventure. They’re all incredible page-turners that’ll keep you excited to read more. And, you may even find a few beach quotes!
Enjoy These Entertaining, Funny, and Inspirational Beach Quotes!
There you have it! We’ve gone through 150 good beach quotes that reflect the feeling of the sea’s wild air, warm sand, and shining sun. And, we hope you also found your next read!
Whether you’re planning your next seaside vacation or daydreaming about brighter days, we hope you’ve found some inspiration. Use these beach quotes for yourself, to share with others, or as encouraging or funny beach captions. The world is your oyster!
Looking for a beautiful beach to visit? We love these beaches in Michigan, Oregon, and South Carolina!